ADG508A CMOS 8-Channel Analog Multiplexer
The ADG508A and ADG509A are CMOS monolithic analog multiplexers with eight channels and dual four channels, respectively. The ADG508A switches one of eight inputs to a common output, depending on the state of three binary addresses and an enable input. The ADG509A switches one of four differential inputs to a common differential output, depending on the state of two binary addresses and an enable input. Both devices have TTL and 5 V CMOS logic-compatible digital inputs.
The ADG508A and ADG509A are designed on an enhanced LC2MOS process that gives an increased signal capability of VSS to VDD and enables operation over a wide range of supply voltages. The devices can comfortably operate anywhere in the 10.8 V to 16.5 V single- or dual-supply range. These multiplexers also feature high switching speeds and low RON.
- Single-/Dual-Supply Specifications with a Wide Tolerance. The devices are specified in the 10.8 V to 16.5 V range for both single and dual supplies.
- Extended Signal Range. The enhanced LC2MOS processing results in a high breakdown and an increased analog signal range of VSS to VDD.
- Break-Before-Make Switching. Switches are guaranteed break-before-make so that input signals are protected against momentary shorting.
- Low Leakage. Leakage currents in the range of 20 pA make these multiplexers suitable for high precision circuits.
Features and Benefits
- 44 V supply maximum rating
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- Single-/dual-supply specifications
- Wide supply range: 10.8 V to 16.5 V
- Extended plastic temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- Low power dissipation: 28 mW maximum
- Low leakage: 20 pA typical
- Available in 16-lead DIP/SOIC and 20-lead PLCC/LCC packages
- Superior alternative to