ADG3301 Low Voltage 1.15 V to 5.5 V, Single-Channel Bidirectional Logic Level Translator
The ADG3301 is a single channel bidirectional logic level translator. It can be used in multivoltage digital system applications such as data transfer between a low voltage DSP/controller and a higher voltage device. The internal architecture allows the device to perform bidirectional logic level translation without an additional signal to set the direction in which the translation takes place.
The voltage applied to VCCA sets the logic levels on the A side of the device, while VCCY sets the levels on the Y side. For proper operation, VCCA must always be less than VCCY. The VCCA-compatible logic signals applied to the A pin appear as VCCY-compatible levels on the Y pin. Similarly, VCCY-compatible logic levels applied to the Y pin appear as VCCA-compatible logic levels on the A pin.
The enable pin (EN) provides three-state operation on both the A-side and the Y-side pins. When the device enable pin is pulled low, the terminals on both sides of the device are in the high impedance state. The EN pin is referred to the VCCA supply voltage and driven high for normal operation.
The ADG3301 is available in compact 6 lead SC70 package and is guaranteed to operate over the 1.15 V to 5.5 V supply voltage range and extended −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- SPI®, MICROWIRE® Level Translation
- Low Voltage ASIC Level Translation
- Smart Card Readers
- Cell Phones and Cell Phone Cradles
- Portable Communication Devices
- Telecommunications Equipment
- Network Switches and Routers
- Storage Systems (SAN/NAS)
- Computing/Server Applications
- Portable POS Systems
- Low Cost Serial Interfaces
Features and Benefits
- Bidirectional Level Translation
- Operates from 1.15 V to 5.5 V
- Low Quiescent Current < 1 μA
- No Direction Pin